In Northern India Leh Ladakh is the most beautiful region for the bikers. Jammu Kashmir including Ladakh covers most of the Northern Himalayan region. It is a place of abundant beauty and also many mesmerising views and sceneries.
A Leh Ladakh bike trip package is one of the things that is the dream of many people and which they want to experience at least once in their lifetime. On the other hand there are the professionals who have got enough knowledge and experience of bike riding and travelling. For them this is a child’s play.
Which month to visit?
You can visit this place almost the whole year.
- April to mid may
- Mid May to July
- August to Mid November
- Mid November to March
But as a preference , the best time for the bike trip to Leh Ladakh is the month of May to October. During these months bikers enjoy the best scenic view of Ladakh, enjoy their ride and appreciate their journey to Lahaul and Spiti. But there are many bikers who start their new year with a new memorable trip that is a trip to Leh Ladakh. Roads from Srinagar are open from Mid-May, whereas the Manali route is opened after May.
How to reach Leh Ladakh?
There are a couple of routes to reach to Leh:
- From Manali the trip is around 476km which is the most preferred route. It passes through many dangerous terrains and also some of the highest motorable passes in the world.
- From Srinagar the trip is around 434 km. So our advice will be to take the Srinagar route.
Duration of the Trip
The duration of the trip to Ladakh depends on which route you take to cover your expedition.
If you start your trip from Delhi, then you have to take 15 to 20 days leave from your daily work . And if you start your trip from Manali then you will need only 10 days to complete the trip. Also if you don’t want to take so much leave and want to complete your trip within one week or so then you can take a flight and land at Leh Airport , from there you can book your bike. This will take only 7 to 8 days to have an unforgettable trip to Leh Ladakh.
Points to remember
- Stay hydrated. Consume at least 3 to 4 litres of water daily.
- You may feel Acute Mountain Sickness which is the most common sickness that the bikers and travellers face here.
- Don’t try hardcore yoga when you reach Leh. Wait till your body is fully accustomed to the new environment.
- Be prepared both mentally and physically for your journey beforehand . Go for light jogging to boost up your endurance.
- Don’t be in a hurry to reach your destination. Give appropriate breaks to yourself for the relaxation of your body muscles. Give time to yourself to slowly cope up with the new surroundings.
- Don’t smoke or drink during the trip.
- Carry more cash rather than depending more on the ATM.
- Carry extra petrol , as there is a scarcity of petrol pumps there.
- Carry extra Puncture kit, accelerator cables, clutch cables , tubes and air pump with you for the emergency.
- Make sure that you have extra time on your hand so that you don’t need to rush and hurry to the destination and come back also in a hurry.
Bike for Leh Ladakh Bike trip
There are many bikes that are available on rent. If you book your bike from Delhi then it will cost around Rs 1000 per day. If you book your bike from Manali it will cost you from Rs.1000 to Rs 1800 per day depending on the design, model and condition of the bike. Also the Leh Ladakh bike trip cost is around Rs. 12,000 to Rs 18,000. The company from which you are hiring the bike will be keeping your original nationality proof that is Aadhar Card or Voter Card till you return them back the bike.
Bikes suitable for the trip
- Royal enfield- either 350 CC or 500 CC is enough
- Royal Enfield Himalayan: it has an engine power of 400 CC. It will make your trip smooth also on the off roads.
- Pulsar- Preferred 150 CC, 200 CC, and 220 CC.
If petrol is your high priority for the trip then at an average you will be covering 3500 kms. All the bikes mentioned above have an average mileage of 32-37 km per litre. Which means you will be needing 100 litres of petrol which means you will need Rs.10,000 to Rs.12,000 for it.
Before starting your journey make sure that your financial condition is very well and also be confident that you can finish the trip without any problems . Maintain the safety COVID protocols. Be safe, and wish you a HAPPY JOURNEY!